M.Sc. programmes offered:
- M.Sc. Mathematics (Programme code: MA62 )
- M.Sc. Physics (Programme code: PH62 )
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Programme code: CY62)
- M.Sc. Degree in Mathematics: B.Sc. Degree in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics/ Statistics or three-main-system with Mathematics as one of the subjects with at least 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10 or equivalent score). [For SC/ST candidates, 50% marks (or CGPA 5.5/10 or equivalent score)]
- M.Sc. Degree in Physics: Bachelor's degree with at least 60% marks/ CGPA 6.5/10 or equivalent score, with Physics as main and Mathematics as a subsidiary subject Or Physics and Mathematics among the main subjects. [For SC/ST candidates, 50% marks or CGPA 5.5/10 or equivalent score].
- M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry: Bachelor's degree with Chemistry (main) with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries or bachelor's degree through Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (three-main-system), with at least 60% marks (CGPA 6.5/10 or equivalent score). [For SC/ST candidates, 50% marks (CGPA 5.5 /10 or equivalent score)].
- Students appearing for final semester/year bachelor's degree during the academic year 2013-14 can also apply provided their final semester/year marks are made available by 17th September 2014. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission.
Candidates have to clear an entrance examination.
How to apply?
- The application can be submitted online through the institute website on or before 2nd May, 2014. The printed data sheet obtained after uploading the application should be send to:
The Chairperson PG Admissions,
National Institute of Technology, Calicut,
P.O., Calicut - 673601
- It must reach on or before 7th May, 2014 with the necessary enclosures along with the demand draft of Rs 600/- for open & OBC and Rs 300/- for SC/ST candidates drawn in favour of The Director NIT Calicut and payable at Calicut.
- Applications which are incomplete/ defective /received late will be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications. The instructions for online submission of application are available in the online admission portal.
- Last date for online application form availability: 2nd May, 2014.
- Last date for receipt complete application form: 7th May, 2014.
- Date of entrance examination: 3rd June, 2014.
- Date of admission: 25th June, 2014.