NIMHANS, (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences) Bangalore has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D), Doctor of Medicine (DM), Master of Chirurgical (M.Ch), Master of Philosophy (M.Phil), Masters in Public Health (MPH) and Master of Science (M.Sc) in Psychiatric Nursing.
Admissions are offered for the commencing session 2016.
PG Medical programmes are offered in various specialisations. Ph.D and M.Ch programmes will be offered between 3 - 5 years. The course duration of M.Phil, M.Sc and MPH is 2 years whlie DM is 3 years programme.
- M.Ch. Degree in Neurosurgery: Candidate should have post MBBS degree or post MS/DNB degree.
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing: Candidate should be a registered nurse & midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council with minimum passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons.Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institute recognised by INC with minimum of one year experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of counseling.
- DM Programme: Candidate should have MD/DNB degree in respective specialisations.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the official website to apply online.
- Application fee Rs 1,500/- per programme (Rs.1000/- per program for SC/ST candidates)should be paid online.
Selection of candidates is based on their performance in online entrance test conducted by the university and interview.
- Last date to submit of application online: January 31, 2016
- Online entrance test date: March 26, 2016 and March 27, 2016
- Interview & counselling dates: 1st week of June 2016