MICA has invited applications for its Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDM-C) 2015-17. The PGDM-C is the flagship programme of MICA, Ahmedabad. The two-year, full-time, residential programme is AICTE approved and is deemed equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The curriculum of the PGDM-C involves exposure to contemporary information, skills and knowledge in the Strategic Marketing and Communication domains. MICA students are equipped to manage business communication processes holistically. This includes the commissioning of research, seeking consumer insights, formulating strategies, evaluating media options, analysing sales and distribution channels. MICAns thereby emerge as effective professionals who aid building brand equity creatively, by sowing ideas and harvesting pragmatic solutions.
Three years' bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is also eligible to apply.
Candidates having valid scores in any one of the following will be eligible to take the MICA Admission Test (MICAT):
- CAT 2014
- XAT 2014
- XAT 2015
- MAT 2014 (Feb/May/ Sept/Dec)
- CMAT 2014 (Feb / Sept)
- ATMA 2014 (Feb/May/July)
- GMAT (2011 onwards)
How to apply:
- Candidates need to register online by visiting the site- www.mica.ac.in
- Post the candidate's successful online registration, an email containing a MICA ID and MICA password will be shared.
- This MICA ID is useful for all future correspondence with MICA and to make any modifications to the online application form.
- MICAT registration closes: January 18, 2015 (11.59 p.m.)
- Application fee payment closure date: January 18, 2015 (11.59 p.m.)
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their scores in the exams enlisted under ‘eligibility', will be invited for MICAT, subject to their application form being complete and accepted by MICA. MICAT is designed to assess analytical ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning, divergent thinking, written communication skills and general awareness about the communications industry.
- MICAT will be held in February / March 2015 across following centres: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Jaipur, Jammu, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
- Based on performance in MICAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Exercise and Personal Interview at the MICA campus, Ahmedabad.
Online Engagement Avenues for Aspirants:
To enable timely and effective response to queries, Team Interface - The Media and PR wing of MICA which is a student led committee, is accessible via platform like Facebook on ‘MICA Official Discussion Group 2015' and Pagalguy.com.
Established in 1991, MICA is the first residential institute in the country and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region, dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. For further information, visit www.mica.ac.in
For Further Information, please contact: