Jamia Millia Islamia, a central university, New Delhi, invites applications for Ph.D programme, 2014 in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Humanities and Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics
Eligibility for admission:
A candidate for admission to the programme for degree of Doctor of Philosophy must have obtained at least a second class masters degree with not less than 55% of marks of a university or a degree recognised by the university as its equivalent in the subject in which the candidate wishes to pursue a course of research or in a subject allied.
The following categories of students may be exempted from taking entrance test for Ph.D programme:
(i) Candidates who have qualified UGC/ CSIR NET/ JRF examination or any other equivalent examination conducted by the recognised governmental department/ institute/ agency/ SLET / valid GATE score (with qualifying marks) or having successfully completed regular M. Phil. programme from a recognized university / institution.
(ii) The teacher fellowship holders of the recognised college/ university/ institution, provided that the competent employing authority issues a No Objection Certificate to the candidate to join the Ph. D. Programme.
(iii) ICCR- Sponsored candidates
How to apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the university's website, www.jmi.ac.in.
- The filled application should be submitted to the to the department/centre concerned along with a demand draft of Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favor of The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia payable at Delhi/ New Delhi.
- The list of candidates found eligible to appear for an entrance test along with the admission schedule shall be notified on the notice board of the concerned department/ faculty/centre and the website of the university.
- Last date of receipt of application form in the concerned department/centre: July 15, 2014
- Display of list of candidates, found eligible for admission test, in the respective departments/centres and on Jamia Website: July 21, 2014
- Date of admission test: August 09, 2014
- Display of list of candidates called for interview on Jamia Website and in the respective departments/centre: August 22, 2014
- Commencement of course Work: October 09, 2014
For more details:
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Phone: +91(11)26981717, 26984617, 26984658, 26988044, 26987183
Fax: +91(11)2698 0229