India Fellow is an experiential social leadership program for young Indians that include working full time for a year with a field partner organization (called host organization) on a specific project or issue together with training, peer learning and mentoring.
This experience will empower India Fellows to find their own leadership potential, shape their futures and make a difference.
The organization supports the fellow with a monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000 for living expenses like accommodation, food and travel.
The India Fellow program design has 3 prime pieces that fit into each other over the duration of 13 months.
- Training, Peer Learning & Workshops.
- Work Assignment with Host Organization.
- Mentor-ship & The Network Support.
Here is the eligibility criteria, for applying to the fellowship selection process:
- You are between 20 to 28 years of age.
- You are already a graduate (in any discipline) or will be by July 2017 before fellowship begins.
- You are an Indian citizen.
- Your are ready for a 13 month full time commitment to the fellowship.
- You understand that this is not just a job and will expect you to be engaged 24X7 in the process with the community.
- You understand that you can be placed in any part of the country and in any thematic area.
The selection to India Fellow is a 4 step process:
- Applicants fill a detailed online application form. The applications are being accepted from December 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through a telephonic interview with the India Fellow team. This will be from January 15, 2017 to March 15, 2017 on a rolling basis.
- Those who qualify after the telephonic interview work over short field-cum-written assignment from March 15,2017 to March 31, 2017.
- Post this they will be invited for a day of assessment process and personal interview in one of our centres - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad. This will be between April 5,2017 to April 30,2017.
- Final selections will be announced only after the personal interview 2 months prior to the commencement date of the fellowship.
- The candidates may apply online through http://www.indiafellow.org/ on or before February 28.
- The last date to apply for the program is 28, February 2017.
Call: 011-26217460 (between 10.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday)