Indian Institute of Technology, IIT Madras, invites applications for its Post Doctoral Fellowship programme for the academic year 2014. Students can apply online by clicking on to the official website of IITM.
- Ph.D degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of Ph.D
- Maximum age is 35 years.
- The applications received by the academic section will be forwarded to departments to shortlist the candidates to be called for interview.
- The soft copy of the interview call letter (with proforma for TA claim & NOC) will be sent to the department. The department may make any required changes according to their requirement and send the call letter to the shortlisted candidates along with Proforma for TA claim and No Objection Certificate, if employed.
- The selection will be done twice a year in June and December. On obtaining the approval from the competent authority, the offer will be sent by the Department along with the Medical History form and Relief Certificate (If employed).
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
- After joining as Institute PDF, the PDF has to give joining report.
- The Performance Assessment Committee will meet every year to assess the performance of the Post Doctoral Fellow. Yearly extension of the fellowship will based on the recommendation of the PAC.
For more details, click here.