IIT Kharagpur invites applications for its international summer and winter programmes for the academic year 2014. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of IIT Kgp.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is starting its first international
summer and winter term (ISWT) where the national and international participants will get an opportunity to seek knowledge and experience from
reputed international faculty through intensive study of subjects and personal interactions. By bringing together participants and faculty from India and around the world, the ISWT will not only be academically stimulating but also offer an opportunity to make new friends and to interact with international
Participants from industry, research organisations, faculties and students from all over the world are welcome to register for the 19 subjects offered during the summer term and 9 subjects during the winter term. These subjects are designed around current and multidisciplinary themes of Science, Engineering, Management and Law. The duration for each subject is of 2 weeks or 10 working days with a judicious blend of lectures and tutorials everyday.
Topics to be covered:
- Geological Exploration by Ground Penetrating Radar
- Introduction to Global Spectral Modeling
- Portfolio Optimisation
- Thermal Processing of Foods
- Advanced Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Recycling
- Modelling of Fluvial Processes
- Engineering Asset Management
- Advanced Plasma Processing: Fundamentals and Applications
- Advanced Formal Techniques in Design, Verification and Testing of Digital Integrated Circuits
- Microwave Imaging
- Geospatial Technologies in Hydrological Modeling
- Numerical Ocean Modeling
- Biofuels: Policy and Law
- Distortion Prediction and Control of Large Ship Structural Units
- On-site Wastewater Treatment and Management
- Big Data Analytics
- Hydrology and Climate Change
- Methods & Techniques in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience
- Communication Strategies for Change
- Lecture Series by Prof. Sir Michael Berry
- Geostatistics in Ecological Modelling
- Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Genomics, Metagenomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Micro & Nano-scale Transport for Bio and Energy Applications
- Spatial Ecology & Remote Sensing
- Aircraft Design Practices
- Multi-scale Modeling of Advanced Materials
Registration for ISWT courses is not automatic because of the constraints on maximum number of participants allowed to register for a course. In order to register for one or multiple non-overlapping courses, candidates have to apply online using the following steps:
1. Create login and password at www.iitkgp.ac.in/iswt/
2. Login and complete the registration form.
3. Select courses
4. Confirm their application and payment information.
5. Pay Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) through online payment gateway.
For dates, kindly check the detailed notification available on the official website of IIT Kharagpur.
For more details, click here.