- Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur for admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech).
- The programmes are offered in Aerospace Engineering, Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering & Management, Industrial & Management Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Materials Science Programme, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Photonics Science and Engineering for the session 2015.
- The applicant must have a valid GATE score, bachelor's degree in engineering or science (4 year programme) or a master's degree in science with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum
- For admission into M.Tech in Biological Sciences and Bio-engineering, applicants having bachelor's degree in pharmacy/medicine with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum may also be considered
- The requirement of a GATE score is waived for M.B.B.S. degree holders and for engineering graduates from IITs with minimum CPI 8.0
How To Apply?
- Candidates can visit the university's website and apply online.
- The application fee of Rs 400 for candidates in general/OBC and Rs 200/ for SC/ST/PD must be paid through demand draft payable to The Registrar, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- The fee must be paid through a demand draft payable to The Registrar, IIT Kanpur payable at Kanpur
- For more information visit the official website
- The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech programmes will be based on GATE score
- Selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the written test and interview
- The final selection of regular candidates will be based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks
- The written test and interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each
- Filling of online applications closes on: April 15, 2015
- Last date for receiving printed application form: April 20, 2015
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job
You have already subscribed