IIT Jodhpur invites applications for its Doctorate in Philosophy (Ph.D) in science programme for the academic year 2014. IIT Jodhpur has organised the research activity in two sets, namely (a) classical areas: individual disciplines of engineering, science and humanities and social sciences, and (b) emerging areas: domains of research centers of the Institute.
- Biologically-Inspired Systems Science
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Systems Science
- Master's degree in sciences with at least 60% marks or at least 6.5/ 10 CPI or CGPA with a valid GATE, CSIR, UGC score card or equivalent. Such students are required to have at least 60% marks or 6.5/ 10 CPI or CGPA in their bachelor's degree.
- Applicants holding master's degree in engineering also are eligible to apply for Ph.D programme in sciences with at least 70% marks or 7/ 10 CPI or CGPA. Again, such applicants are required to have at least 70% marks or 7/ 10 CPI or CGPA in both the bachelor's and master's degree.
- Applicants holding only Bachelor's degree in engineering with:
(i) A B.Tech, B.E or B.Sc(Engineering) degree with at least 80% marks or 8/ 10 CPI or CGPA and a valid GATE score card
(ii) A B.Tech. degree from any of the IITs with at least 8/ 10 CPI or CGPA or a valid GATE score card.
- Ph.D students shall be offered teaching or research assistantships in return for 8 hours of work per week.
- The assistantship is Rs. 16,000 for students enrolled for Ph.D in sciences and humanities and social sciences discipline for the first two years. It can be raised to Rs. 18,000, respectively, for another two years on the basis of formal review conducted by the supervisors of the Ph.D student.
Last date of filling online application form: 4 April, 2014
For more details, click here.