IIT Guwahati invites applications for its M.Tech and M.Des programmes in various disciples for the academic year 2014. Both these programmes are offered on part-time and full-time basis. Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of IITG.
A candidate in this category is sponsored by a recognised R&D organisation, academic institution, governmental organisation or industry for doing M.Tech/ M.Des in the institute on a full-time basis. The applicant must be a regular employee of his/her organisation with at least two years of experience at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the discipline in which admission is sought. He/ She will not receive any financial support from the Institute.
This category refers to candidates who are professionally employed personnel (including the staff of IIT Guwahati), who can attend classes at the Institute while being employed. These candidates should be able to attend regular classes as per the schedule of the institute. The applicant must be a regular employee of a recognised organisation with at least two years of experience at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the discipline in which admission is sought. No financial assistance will be provided by the Institute to such students. A No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Head of the Institution/ Organisation in which he/she is employed (Form II) must be enclosed at the time of application.
For M.TEch programme:
- Minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% of marks or first class in the qualifying degree.
- All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Details of the eligibility can be found in the official website.
For M.Des programme:
- A candidate must have a minimum CPI of 6.0 or 55% of marks in the qualifying degree/diploma.
- All regular category candidates (except those having B.Tech/B.Des degrees from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 7.0) must possess a valid score of all India Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED).
- Candidates who are yet to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided that they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2014. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 25-08-2014.
Last date to apply: 23rd April, 2014