Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme offered in Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences and Biological Sciences.
Admissions are offered for January 2016.
Ph.D in Biological Sciences Programme: Candidates should have master's degree (a five year degree post +2 level) in Biological/ Chemical/ Physical/ Mathematical/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural/ Veterinary/Pharmacy/Nursing or a bachelor's degree in Medicine (MBBS).
Ph.D in Chemical Sciences Programme: Candidates should have master's degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or its equivalent.
Ph.D in Physical Sciences Programme: Candidates should have master's degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering or Technology, in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is desirable.
For more information on eligibility criteria, visit the official website.
How to Apply?
- Click Here to apply online
- Application fee is Rs. 200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST applicants)
- For information on application procedure, visit the official website
Shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on their performance in the interview.
- Last date to submit the applications: November 02, 2015.
- Declaration of shortlisted candidates on the institute's website: November 05, 2015.
- Interview for the short-listed candidates in Physical sciences: November 26, 2015 to Friday, November 27, 2015.
- Interview for the short-listed candidates Biological Sciences: November 26, 2015 to Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Interview for the short-listed candidates in Chemical Sciences: December 02, 2015 to Thursday, December 03, 2015
For more information on college and courses, visit the university's website