Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes.
Admissions are offered in the department of Biological Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Statistical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Earth Sciences for the session 2016.
Department of Biological Sciences:
- The applicant should have M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/M.V.Sc/M.Sc (Ag) degree (with minimum 55% marks) in any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, developmental biology, structural biology, plant molecular biology, behavioral biology and ecology, marine biology, neurobiology, biodiversity, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and theoretical biology.
- Candidates from agricultural science and nutritional science backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
Department of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences:
- Candidates should have completed M.Sc/MS (with a minimum of 55% marks) in any field of Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Physics, Bio-Physics, Computer Science and Engineering to pursue research in the broad field of Neuroscience.
- Candidates having their own PhD fellowship (UGC/CSIR-NET JRF, NBHM, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship) are eligible to apply
Department of Earth Sciences:
- Candidates should have completed their M.Sc. / MS / M.Sc. Tech / M.Tech (with minimum of 55% marks) in Geology/Applied Geology/Geophysics/Earth Sciences/Marine geology/ any other branch of Geological sciences. OR
- Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biological Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Computational Seismology/ Remote sensing and GIS / engineering to pursue research with the DES faculty member in the matching specialisation.
For more details on eligibility criteria, visit the official website
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply online
- For more information on application procedure, visit the official website
List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for interview will be published in the IISER-Kolkata website
The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview
The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing the last date for joining after the interview process.
- Last date to apply online: October 25, 2015.
- Date of publication of shortlist for interview: October 30, 2015.
- Tentative Interview dates: November 21, 2015 to November 27, 2015.
- Date of publication of Ph.D interview result: December 02, 2015.
- Date of opening of preregistration portal: December 03, 2015.
- Preregistration deadline: December 17, 2015.
- Date of Ph.D registration: December 29, 2015.
For more information on college and courses, visit university's website