International Institute of Information Technology, IIIT Bangalore, invites applications for its research degree programmes, Ph.D and MS for the academic session 2014-2015. Students can apply online by logging on to the official website of IIIT Bangalore.
How to Apply :
- At the admissions website, http://www.iiitb.ac.in/admissions, applicant may find instructions, by Mar-15-2014, to access the online application form, fill it, and submit a completed application form as per the instructions given on the form.
- All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-. There are two options for making the payment: (a) via bank transfer, and (b) using demand draft. The detailed instructions will be available with the online application form.
- All queries may be sent via e-mail to the Institute: email@example.com.
- On Jan-23-2014, the admissions brochure, degree program manuals, and other important docu- ments will be ready for download at http://www.iiitb.ac.in/admissions.
Fellowships/ Scholarships & Tuition Fees:
- For full-time M.S. by Research students, a fellowship of INR 12,000/- per month for the first 18 months and INR 15,000/- for the next six months, is available in the form of teaching assistantships.
- For full-time Ph.D. students, a fellowship of INR 25,000/- per month for the first 3 years (extendable to 1 more year in deserving cases) is available in the form of teaching assistantships. Such funding for the Ph.D. students comes from within IIITB or with industry support from HP, IBM, Intel, Infosys, Motorola, Siemens, Microsoft, and other companies.
- The tuition fees, as applied for admissions in July 2014, for Ph.D. and M.S. by Research programs is INR 30,000/- per semester till the submission of the thesis.
- In addition, residential students currently pay approximately INR 3000/- towards hostel rent per month and approximately INR 4000/- per month for food expense. These rates are subject to revision from time to time. Other costs for books and supplies, travel, purchase of a laptop, etc., need to be factored by students depending on their individual circumstances.
- 01 January, 2014: Call-for-Applications.
- 08 January, 2014: Free Admissions Brochure ready for download. Mar-15-2014: Online application submission begins.
- 15 April, 2014: Last date for online application submission with application fee remittance. Apr-22-2014: Last date for receiving recommendation letters.
- 15 May, 2014: Notification of selected candidate for on-site evaluation.
- 01 June, 2014: Written entrance examination (as required specifically by research domains) and interviews begin.
- 05 June, 2014: Last day for interviews.
- 15 June, 2014: Notification to admitted students.
- 21 June, 2014: Remittance of acceptance fee.
- 31 July, 2014: Joining date: orientation and course registration begins.
- 04 August, 2014: Classes begin.
- 11 August, 2014: Last date for add/ drop courses, and course registration closes.
For more details click here.