The Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women (IGDTUW) has announced admissions for the academic year 2014 for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For the first time, both male and female students can apply to the Ph D programmes.
Nupur Prakash, vice-chancellor, IGDTUW said, "This year, PhD programmes in various branches of engineering, science and technology have been introduced for both male and female candidates. The university is offering teaching-cum-research fellowship to PhD scholars of Rs 20,000 per month for three years along with Rs 20,000 annual contingency grant. The teachingcum-research fellows would be registered for PhD programme as full-time research scholars and would also be required to take teaching load and academic responsibilities of a minimum of 10 hours per week. Admissions to MTech and PhD programme will be done through online mode along with OMR forms, which will be sold as part of the university brochure. The online registration and submission of forms will commence from June."
Around 500 seats are available for the following programmes:
B Tech programmes:
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical & Automation Engineering (MAE)
- Information Technology (IT)
M Tech Programmes (Regular):
- Information Security Management
- VLSI Design
- Mobile and Pervasive Computing
- Robotics and Automation
M Tech Programme (Part-time):
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Master in Computer Application
Ph.D (Areas of Research):
- Applied Sciences and Interdisciplinary areas like Nanotechnology and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Computer Applications
*Admission to B.Tech Programmes
- This would be invited from the candidates who have been declared eligible for Central Counseling by the CBSE and placed in the merit / rank list prepared by the CBSE based on the score in JEE (Main) - 2014 and normalised score in Class 12 or other qualifying examination.
- 85% of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Delhi Region (students passing the qualifying examination from recognised Board/College/Institution located within the NCT of Delhi) and 15% of the total seats for candidates belonging to outside Delhi Region.
- The admission to B.Tech programme will be done through on-line counseling to (which will) be notified in June 2014.
*Admission to M.Tech Programmes
- For M.Tech regular programme, admissions shall be based on merit cum GATE score.
- For M .Tech (part-time) programme, applications are invited from working professionals .
- For lateral entry to M.Tech (part-time) programme, the candidates having NIELIT ‘C' level qualification are eligible.
*Admission to MCA programme
- This shall be done through combined counseling conducted by GGSIP University.
- The candidate would be required to appear for CET Exam Code 105 conducted by GGSIP University on 27th April, 2014 between10:30 am and 1.00 pm.
- The online application portal will be opened from 15th March, 2014 onwards.
- Last date for applying to MCA programmes is 10th April, 2014.
- Last date for applying to Ph D programmes is 15th May, 2014.
- Last date for applying to M Tech programmes is 31st May, 2014.
For further details, click here