GLA University, Mathura, invites applicants for full time/part time Ph.D programme for the academic session 2014-15.
The programme is offered in the following streams:
|Streams||No. of Seats|
|Computer Science & Engineering||05|
|Electronic & Communication Engg.||02|
- A candidate applying for Ph.D programme in a particular discipline must possess a Master's degree in relevant/appropriate discipline/field/subject with first division.
- The applicant must have obtained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 6.75 on 10 point scale or 60% in Master's degree.
- A candidate for Applied Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences will also be considered with 55% marks in Master's degree provided he/ she has qualified NET/ JRF or equivalent examination.
- If a candidate has obtained a Master's degree by Research only, then in his/ her case, the requirement of first division/ CGPA will be waived off provided the candidate has at least one publication in refereed journal of repute.
- A candidate holding Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Pharmacy with Honour's or having CGPA of 8.25 and above on a 10 point of scale or 75%, and five years of teaching/ research experience with at least one publication in refereed journal of repute, can be considered for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
How to Apply:
- Applicants can download admission forms on request from the university's website, http://www.gla.ac.in
- The form must be filled completely and affix a recent colour photograph.
- Attach the demand draft of Rs.1000/- in favour of "GLA University" payable at "Vrindavan (UP)".
- Attach a copy of all supporting documents.
- Send the complete Admission Request Form along with demand draft and copy of documents to the university in an envelop, either by post or by hand.
- Put this heading on the top of envelop - "Application Request Form for admission in Ph.D.". Address of university campus is given at the bottom.
- Candidates will be informed about date of entrance examination after receipt of their Admission Request Form.
- Candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be called for interview by the Departmental Research Degree Committee.
- Thereafter, the result will be declared and selected candidates would be asked to deposit the fee and complete other formalities.
- In addition (to fulfilling eligibility criteria) all applicants shall have to qualify the Ph.D entrance test conducted by the GLA University or by Central Bodies such as UGC/ CSIR/ IITs/ IIMs.
- The applicants qualifying in the entrance test shall also undergo an interview by the Departmental Research Degree Committee (RDC) of the Institute.
- NET & JRF qualified candidates are entitled to apply directly.
- For details on the admission procedure, visit the university's website, http://www.gla.ac.in
For further clarifications you can contact:
Prof. Surendra Kumar
17km Stone, NH-2, Mathura-Delhi Road
P.O. Chaumuhan, Mathura-281 406 (U.P.)
Phone No.: +91-5662-250900, 908, 909
Email Id: email@example.com