G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (GBPUAT), Uttarakhand, invites applications for admission to Undergraduate, Masters, Master Of Computer Application (MCA) and Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes, commencing in 2014.
Candidates from other states may apply for admission to MCA and Ph.D. programmes only. The wards of Kashmiri migrants and J & K residents may apply for admission to Undergraduate programmes only.
- B.Sc. Ag., B.Sc. Food Technology: Candidates must have passed 10+2 / Intermediate Agriculture / Science with Mathematics or Biology or equivalent examination.
- B.V.Sc. & A.H: Intermediate Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or equivalent examination and should have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks for General Category and 40% for reserved categories (OBC, SC & ST) in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- B.F.Sc: Intermediate Science with Biology / Agriculture or equivalent examination.
- B.Sc. Home Science: Intermediate Science with Mathematics or Biology.
For Postgraduate / Masters:
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with an OGPA not less than 6.000 / 10.000 or 3.000 / 5.000 or 50% of marks in aggregate in case of the universities, where these scales are not applicable.
- Admission shall be made based on the GATE qualifying marks in the subject (major) in which admission is sought.
- Vacant seats shall be filled based on OGPA / percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least an OGPA of not less than 6.000 / 10.000 or 3.000 / 5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the Institutions / Universities, where these scales are not applicable in the Bachelor's degree.
- However, admission towards seats for other state candidates in M.Tech Agricultural Engineering majors shall be made through entrance examination conducted by ICAR.
- In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of other states.
- Candidates should have passed Master's degree in relevant discipline with an OGPA not less than 6.500 / 10.000 or 4.000 / 5.000 or I division in case of universities, where these scales are not applicable and with an OGPA not less than 6.000 / 10.000 or 3.000 / 5.000 or 55% of marks in Bachelor's degree.
Candidates will be selected based on entrance test conducted by the university.
How to apply:
- Application form can be downloaded from the official website of G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology.
- The application form can also be obtained from the post offices by paying Rs 240/- in cash.
- Candidates can obtain the prospectus and application form by sending written request to the Coordinator Admissions, G.B. Pant University Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar-263145, Distt.- U.S. Nagar (Uttarakhand) along with a crossed bank draft of Rs. 200/- drawn in favour of PEECRF A/C, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, payable at S.B.I./U.Co. Bank/PNB, Pantnagar accompanied by 30X25 cm size self-addressed stamped envelope bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 45/- by ordinary post and Rs.36/- by Registered Post.
- Last date for the submission of application form is 02nd April 2014.
- Undergraduate programmes entrance exam will be held on 31st May 2014.
- Ph.D and Masters' programmes entrance exam will be held on 01st June 2014.
- MCA entrance exam will be held on 01st June 2014.
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology,
Pantnagar - 263145, Dist. Udham Singh Nagar,
Tel: 05944 - 233320.