Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kerala, invites application for admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) in the appropriate branches by the Universities concerned, commencing in 2014.
For the PG courses in the self financing engineering colleges in the state, a rank list will be published from among the applicants and admission will be done to 50% seats by institutions themselves from the rank list, by inviting separate applications.
- Admission fees Rs. 225/-
- Special fees Rs. 3,500/- per year
- Tuition fees Rs. 6,000/- per semester
- Caution Deposit Rs. 1,500/-
Reservation of Seats:
- 5% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SEBC. Only candidates belonging to SEBC communities, having annual income of less than Rs 4.5 lakhs will be eligible for reservation under this category.
- 15% seats are reserved for SC/ST Candidates.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
- 15% seats relating to management quota in T K M College of Engineering, Kollam, M A College of Engineering, Kothamangalam and N S S College of Engineering, Palakkad will be filled by the Management.
Eligibility for Admission:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidates should have studied the graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE/deemed universities.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination is mandatory.
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score. However, this stipulation is relaxed in the case of Sponsored candidates.
How to apply:
- Applications should be filled online by logging on to the website www.cet.ac.in or ww.dtekerala.gov.in..
- After submitting the application online, an application fee of Rs 500/- (Rs 100/- in case of SC/ST Candidates) is to be remitted in any specified branch of State Bank of Travancore with challan generated on submission of the application.
- A printout of the filled up application should be taken and sent with copies of the relevant documents, to the Principal, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram-695016.
- Last date for the submission of application form is June 27.
- Date of publishing rank list is on July 11.