University of Delhi, invites applications for its Ph.D in Geography programme for the academic session 2014-16. In order to get enrolled students can collect the application forms from the Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi - 110007.
- Students having fellowships/scholarships instituted by the University/ national and international agencies under schemes approved/ recognised by the University, through procedure laid down by the University, may be registered provisionally by the Departmental Research Committee and Board of Research Studies, and confirmed after completion of course work, by the respective Board of Research Studies.
- Students who are otherwise eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme and do not have any financial assistance, will be admitted through an entrance examination to be conducted by the departments or / and through an interview by the Departmental Research Committee.
- Foreign students with their national or other fellowships recognised by the University or sponsored by their employers, may be given provisional admission, followed by confirmation through due process after a stipulated period of time.
- The University / College teachers holding a permanent, temporary or adhoc positions and having completed two years of service as teacher in a Department / Constituent Colleges of the University of Delhi.
- A detailed research proposal with: Tentative Title, Name of proposed supervisor, Name of candidate must be submitted for review. The structure of the proposal is provided on the Dept. of Geography website.
- Fifteen copies of the proposal have to be submitted.
- Last date of submitting the application form 31st January, 2014.
- The interview will be held on 19th February, 2014.