Delhi University invites applications for its Post Graduate programmes in Science. These programmes are run by the Faculty of Inter-disciplinary and Applied Sciences (FIAS). Eligible students can apply online by visiting the official website of the university.
- M.Sc Biochemistry
- M.Sc Genetics
- M.Sc Microbiology
- M.Sc Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- General/ OBC: Rs. 500
- SC & ST/ PH: Rs. 250
- B.Sc (Hons.) in Biochemistry from University of Delhi with 60% marks and above.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biomedical Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons.) Biological Science from University of Delhi with 60% marks and above.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany and or Zoology with Chemistry as one of the concurrent subjects from University of Delhi with 60% marks and above.
A student seeking admission to M.Sc (Genetics) must have passed B.Sc (General) or B.Sc (Hons.) or an equivalent undergraduate degree in any branch of life sciences/ physical sciences/ chemical sciences/mathematical sciences/ medical sciences/ pharmacology/ any branch of biology/ paramedical sciences with at least 60% marks in their main subject (for Hons. stream) or in aggregate (for B.Sc general) or other equivalent undergraduate degree. Those appearing for their final year exams can also appear for the entrance test, but they will have to produce the provisional certificate of results by the end of August of the concerned year as a proof of eligibility, if they fail to do so then admission will be cancelled.
- B Sc (Hons.) in Microbiology from the University of Delhi (after 10+2+3) with 60% marks and above.
- B Sc (Hons.) in Microbiology from other Universities (after 10+2+3) with 60% marks and above.
- B Sc (Gen.) in Microbiology from other Universities (after 10+2+3) with 60% marks and above.
M.Sc Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology:
Admission to the Master of Science in Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (PMBB) involves a written entrance examination followed by an interview. Candidates are called for interview based on performance in written examination and the final selection is based on the combined performance in written exam and the interview.
Last date to apply 18th April, 2014
For more details, click here.