Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, pune, invites applications for its Bachelor in Audiology And Speech Language Pathology programme 2014-15. Candidates can apply online by logging on to the official web site of the University.
For admission to BASLP course, the candidate should have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or mathematics & English individually and must have obtained 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology or mathematics taken together at the qualifying examination i.e. H.S.C/ 10+2 or equivalent.
Full-time four-year course including one year of internship.
- Audiology is a branch of science that deals with hearing and hearing related disorders. Students of Audiology are educated regarding the anatomy and physiology of the normal and abnormal auditory system. They are trained in identifying individuals with hearing loss, differential diagnosis of auditory disorders, which include disorders of the middle ear, inner ear, auditory nerve and the central auditor nervous system. The students are trained to develop expertise in audiological rehabilitation, which include recommendation of amplification devices such as hearing aids, cochlear implants and speech language therapy for individuals with hearing impairment. They also learn to cater to the needs of individuals with special needs such as those with tinnitus, auditory processing disorders.
- This is a full-time four-year course including one year of internship. The University has kept an excellent balance between theoretical and clinical training so as to develop both professional judgment and scientific competence for the trained audiologist and speech language pathologist. Throughout the course, the emphasis is on the development of clinical and research skills. For practical orientation and training, students are posted in various departments of School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and Bharati Hospital.
- Last Date- 21st June 2014
- Exam Date- 28th June 2014
- Result Date- 5th July 2014
- Counseling Date-10th July 2014
- College begins- 21st July 2014
For more details click here.