Applications invited for Master of Library and Information Science

University of Calcutta, invites application for Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS), 2014-15. The course will start from January and for admissions students can collect application forms from University's Sales Counter, after paying Rs 300/-.


This is a full-time 2 year course, which will have four semesters. Students need to fill the application form and submit it in the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor),
College Street, Kolkata - 700 073 from 11 A.M. to 4 P.M.

Applications for MLIS

Selection procedure:

60% quota is reserved for direct admission for Calcutta University students according to their marks and the rest 40% is reserved for outside students. Outside students need to give an admission test in order to get enrolled.


  • A BLIS degree of this University in 2011 - 12 and 2012 - 13 sessions.
  • Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2013 may also apply.
  • Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree of other recognized Universities or
  • Institutions in the current session may also apply.

Important Dates:

  • Last Date of submission of Application Form: 30. 12. 2013
  • Date of publication of merit list/Selection List: 06. 01. 2014
  • Date of Admission cum Counseling for 60% seats: 08. 01. 2014
  • Date of Admission Test for remaining 40% seats: 10. 01. 2014
  • Date of Publication of Result for remaining 40% seats: 17. 01. 2014
  • Date of Admission cum Counseling for 40% seats: 20. 01. 2014
  • Date of Commencement of Class: 21. 01. 2014

Important notes:

  • Forms sent by post will not be accepted.
  • Selection will be made as per university rules.
  • Admission will be made strictly on basis of merit.
  • Selection list will be displayed on the notice board. No personal communication will be
  • made with the selected candidates.

For morte information log on to the official website of Calcutta Universitty:

You can read more education related news here

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X