University of Calcutta, invites application for Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS), 2014-15. The course will start from January and for admissions students can collect application forms from University's Sales Counter, after paying Rs 300/-.
This is a full-time 2 year course, which will have four semesters. Students need to fill the application form and submit it in the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor),
College Street, Kolkata - 700 073 from 11 A.M. to 4 P.M.
60% quota is reserved for direct admission for Calcutta University students according to their marks and the rest 40% is reserved for outside students. Outside students need to give an admission test in order to get enrolled.
- A BLIS degree of this University in 2011 - 12 and 2012 - 13 sessions.
- Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2013 may also apply.
- Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree of other recognized Universities or
- Institutions in the current session may also apply.
- Last Date of submission of Application Form: 30. 12. 2013
- Date of publication of merit list/Selection List: 06. 01. 2014
- Date of Admission cum Counseling for 60% seats: 08. 01. 2014
- Date of Admission Test for remaining 40% seats: 10. 01. 2014
- Date of Publication of Result for remaining 40% seats: 17. 01. 2014
- Date of Admission cum Counseling for 40% seats: 20. 01. 2014
- Date of Commencement of Class: 21. 01. 2014
- Forms sent by post will not be accepted.
- Selection will be made as per university rules.
- Admission will be made strictly on basis of merit.
- Selection list will be displayed on the notice board. No personal communication will be
- made with the selected candidates.
For morte information log on to the official website of Calcutta Universitty: http://www.caluniv.ac.in