IIT Madras has invited applications for admissions to 5 years integrated Master of Arts (M.A) in Development Studies and M.A in English Studies programmes at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras through Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) for the academic year 2016.
Candidates applying for HSEE-2016 must have passed for the first time in 2015 or should be appearing in 2016 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE):
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognised by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
For more details on eligibility criteria, visit their official website
How to Apply?
- Candidates can visit the officia website to apply online from December 16, 2015
For information on application procedure, visit their official website.
- Selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the written test Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) -2016 conducted by the institute.
- Online application process starts on: December 16, 2015.
- Payment of examination fee through Indian bank challan/net banking/ credit card/ debit card: December 16, 2015.
- End date of payment of examination fee: January 25, 2016.
- Last date to submit online application: January 25, 2016.
- Last date to submit hard copy of the self-attested certificate of respective category: January 25, 2016.
- Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE website from: March 14, 2016 to April 16, 2016.
- Date of HSEE: April 17, 2016.
- Date of declaration of result: May 11, 2016.
For more information on college and courses, visit the university's website