In a first, 41 students from India have cleared the Cambridge International Examinations series which were held in March, June 2016 and in November 2015. The merit list was released today afternoon in which 20 students from Mumbai alone have emerged world subject toppers in lass 10, 11 and 12 CIE.
This year, there was an increase of 17% entries to the exam compared to last year which could be one of the reasons for the high number of toppers this year. Last year there were only 22 toppers from India among which 9 were from Mumbai.
In 2016, there were 7,080 entries from India for the International General Certificate of School Education (IGCSE) exam, the equivalent of class 10.here were 15,983 entries for the AS and A levels, the equivalents of class 11 and 12. Last year, there were 28,900 entries for IGCSE and 14,789 for the other exams.
Performances across schools improved this year, the list of toppers this year is as follows:
- Pahwa Gantavya and Siddhartha Ritu topped mathematics-without-coursework, and Aashray Joshua Rao bagged the top prize in thinking skills in A levels are 4 students from odar International School, Khar who are among the world toppers.
- Two students from Utpal Shanghvi Global School, Juhu, Param Patel and Shah Kushal Snehal, topped mathematics-without-coursework.
- Ishan Paidhungat from Bombay Cambridge School, Andheri (East), was one of the many IGCSE mathematics-without-coursework toppers.
- Two students from Aditya Birla World Academy, Grant Road, Taran Jitendra Punjabi and Yash Ajay Sukhwani, were among mathematics-without-coursework toppers.
- Biryani Bed, CP Goenka International School, Juhu topped IGCSE accounting.
- Roshni Surye Rangwani from Billabong High International School, Santacruz stood first in literature English.
- Ahan Sahu and Shourya Agarwal from Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Bandra topped mathematics-without-coursework.
Math and first language English were the most popular IGCSE subjects. The toppers will receive outstanding Cambridge learner certificates from CIE.