Odisha to accept AIPMT 2014 all India merit rank list for MBBS, BDS

Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, is set to conduct All India Pre-Medical Entrance Test (AIPMT) for the year 2014, for admissions to MBBS and BDS courses.


Odisha state government has decided to use the AIPMT 2014 all India merit rank list for admissions to MBBS and BDS courses in the state.

AIPMT 2014 online registration commences from 26 Dec 2013

Odisha to accept AIPMT 2014 scores for MBBS, BDS

From this year Odisha will not conduct the state level entrance test for admission to MBBS and BDS courses.

In 2012, state used NEET UG scores for admissions to Medical courses. But, on 18 July, Supreme Court quashed the NEET exam.

On 19 Nov 2013, state government wrote a letter to CBSE expressing its willingness to be a part of AIPMT exam.

State government has agreed to fill the 85% of the state quota under AIPMT merit list.

"For the 85% seats under the state quota, admissions would be through state merit list of AIPMT by following the state reservation norms. The counseling would be done by OJEE. Admissions for the rest 15% seats would be from the AIPMT national merit list," said principal secretary, Health and Medical Education, Pradipta Mohapatra.

AIPMT 2014 exam has been scheduled to be held on 4th May, all over India.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X