The University Grants Commission (UGC) invites applications for the award of Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for the academic session 2013-15.
The main purpose of this scholarship is to support PG education through scholarships to such girls who happen to be the only girl child or girls who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter in the family.
- Candidates admitted in post-graduate first year regular non-professional degree course in any recognised university or a post-graduate college, during the current year i.e. 2013-14, are eligible.
- Students admitted in open universities are not eligible.
- Selection will be made by an Expert Committee on the basis of applications which are complete in all respects, received through online mode within the stipulated time frame.
- The guidelines of the scheme, detailed terms and conditions of the scholarship, eligibility criteria etc. may be seen on UGC website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in.
How to Apply:
- The applications may be submitted only through ONLINE mode latest by 09.12.2013 by logging in website www.ugc.ac.in/sgc.
- Please Note that the decision of the Commission with regard to selection of candidates for the award of scholarships shall be final.
1. Applications submitted in hard copy shall not be entertained or considered for the award of scholarship in any circumstances whatsoever.
2. Record of candidates, who are not selected, shall not be preserved beyond three months from the date of declaration of results, on UGC website.
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi-110 002
For more news and updates related to scholarships, please visit /topic/scholarships-
For more news on education, admissions, exam alerts, online courses; to find a college/course in India, to check out higher studies options; value education for students, teachers and others; please visit - www.careerindia.com