Pune University conducts PhD entrance for 5000 seats

The University of Pune is all set to organise PhD entrance examination for total 5,092 vacant seats for the academic year 2013-14, with subjects under the faculty of science taking the maximum share of 1,924 seats.

PhD entrance by Pune University for 5000 seats


Examination Pattern

Paper-I of the two stage PhD entrance exam will be held on 17 November and last date for submitting hard copies of the online filled application forms and supporting documents is 8th November.

Students who clear paper-I with the maximum of 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category students) will be eligible to appear for the subject specific paper-II of the exam scheduled for 8th December.

Following science faculty, subjects under the faculty of engineering have 836 vacant seat while those under the faculty of arts and fine arts have 638 vacant seats. Another 597 vacancies have been declared for subjects under commerce faculty.

The faculty of mental moral and social science has 388 vacant seats, followed by the management faculty with 381 seats. The faculty of pharmacy has 196 vacant seats, faculty of education has 98 seats and the faculty of law has 18 seats.

Paper-I of the entrance test would be marked out of 100 and would consist of three parts- logical reasoning, numerical ability and reasoning and language aptitude. It will feature multiple choice questions with each correct answer fetching one mark.

There is no negative marking system. The 120-minute duration paper-I will carry 90% questions in English and Marathi, while remaining 10% of the questions will be only in English.

Paper-II will consist of multiple choice questions for 20 marks, and theoretical or descriptive questions for 80 marks, an official from the University of Pune's board of colleges and University development said.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

    Select a Field of Study
    Select a Course
    Select UPSC Exam
    Select IBPS Exam
    Select Entrance Exam

    Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
    Have you subscribed?

    For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job

    Notification Settings X
    Time Settings
    Clear Notification X
    Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
    Settings X
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more