UPSC- Union Public Service Commission has announced the CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination 2014 dates for the following posts:
1.Indian Military Academy, 250 Dehradun 138th course commencing in January, 2015 (including 32 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' certificate [Army Wing] holders).
2.Indian Naval Academy, 40 Ezhimala-Course Commencing in January, 2015 Executive (General Service) (including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' certificate holders, Naval Wing).
3.Air Force Academy, 32 Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2015 .i.e No. 197th F(P) Course.
4.Officers Training Academy, 175 Chennai, 101st SSC Course (for men) commencing in April, 2015.
5.Officers Training Academy, 12 Chennai 15th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2015.
- The date of holding examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the direction of the commission.
- The number of vacancies given above id tentative and may be changed at any stage by Services H.Q.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- For all examinations unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): candidates should have been born not earlier than 2nd january, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1996.
1. For I.M.A and Officer's Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
2. For Indian naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
How to apply?
Candidates are required to apply online at the website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-admission certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-admission certificate will be made available on the UPSC website: www.upsc.gov.in, where candidates can download their e-admission certificate. No admission certificate will be sent by post. All applicants are required to provide valid and active e-mail id while filling up online application form, as the commission may use electronic mode for communication.
No request for withdrawal of candidature received from a candidate after he/she has submitted his/her application will be entertained under any circumstances.
Last date for submission of applications is 2nd December, 2013 till 11:59 PM after which the link will be disabled. The exam will be held on 9th February, 2014.
In case of any guidance/ clarification regarding their applications, candidates can contact UPSC's facilitation counter near gate 'C' of its campus in person or over the telephone at 011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 on working days between 10 AM to 5 PM.