Delhi University invites applications for the posts of Assistant Professor in various departments namely- Faculties of Arts, Applied Social Science & Humanities, Commerce, Education, Science, Inter-Disciplinary & Applied Sciences, Law, Management Studies, Mathematical Sciences, Music & Fine Arts and Social Sciences in the Pay Band (PB-3) of 15600-39100, AGP 6000.
For Faculties of Applied Social Sciences & Humanities; Arts, Commerce & Business; Education, Inter-disciplinary & Applied Sciences(except Physical Education); Law; Mathematical Sciences; Sciences (except Home Science, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy) and Social Sciences.
1.Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master's Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2.Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must also have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC.
The last date for receipt of applications is 06.12.2013.
Applicable Fee / Charges:
Following fee is applicable from the applicants for teaching posts:
- UR/OBC applicants applying online: Rs. 300/- per application
- UR/OBC applicants applying offline: Rs. 600/- per application
- SC/ST/PWD applicants applying online: Rs. 150/- per application
- SC/ST/PWD applicants applying offline: Rs. 300/- per application
- The fee for ONLINE forms will be paid via Payment Gateway through Credit/ Debit Cards.
- The fee for OFFLINE forms will be payable only through a Bank Draft in favour of "The Registrar, University of Delhi" payable at Delhi.
Guidelines for Screening/Shortlisting of candidates :
- As per the provisions of ordinances XI, & XII & XXIV of the university, all posts of teachers shall be filled after advertisement and by open recruitment.
- In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview, so as to enable the selection committee to have a comprehensive assessment of the candidates, applications received for the teaching posts shall be screened on the basis of the academic and other credentials of the candidates.
- For the post of an Assistant Professor, the criteria for evaluation of the candidates for determining their eligibility for shortlisting shall be based on a 100 point scale. For more details, click on Work @DU.
- For appointment in the university departments, all candidates securing 75 points and above shall be called for an interview for posts of Assistant Professors. A minimum of 30 candidates for the first vacancy and 10 candidates for every additional vacancy shall be called for an interview in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of points scored by the candidates.
- In case the minimum number of candidates as specified above is not available, the benchmark of 75 points may be progressively lowered as required, until the minimum eligibility as specified in Ordinance XXIV is reached so that, a minimum number of candidates shall be called for interview.
- For appointment in the colleges, all candidates securing 60 points and above shall be called for an interview for posts of Assistant Professors. A minimum of 50 candidates for the first vacancy and 20 candidates for every additional vacancy shall be called for an interview in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of points scored by the candidates.
- In case the minimum number of candidates as specified above is not available, the benchmark of 60 points may be progressively lowered as required, until the minimum eligibility as specified in Ordinance XXIV is reached so that this minimum number of candidates shall be called for interview.
- The points awarded to the candidates during the process of screening of applications shall not have any weightage/credit or merit during assessment/interview of the candidates by the Selection Committee as these points shall be used only for screening/shortlisting purposes.
- The time taken to acquire M.Phil degree, and the residency period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for shortlisting/appointment to the teaching positions.
- In case of any dispute with regard to screening of the applications, the decision of the Screening Committee shall be final.
- The University and the Colleges shall display the criteria for shortlisting/screening of applications on their respective websites.