- The CTET shall apply to schools of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Tibetan Schools, etc) and schools under the administrative control of UT of Chandigarh,Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli and NCT of Delhi.
- CTET may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government/local bodies and aided schools shall consider the TET conducted by the State Government. However, a State Government can also consider the CTET if it decides not to conduct the State TET.
How to apply:
- Apply online.
- The online application has to be submitted by accessing the official website of CBSE.
- Candidates have to provide all the details while filling the application form.
- Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated confirmation page after successful submission of data.
- After affixing a passport size photograph and signature in the space provided, and also with the original CBSE copy of challan if fees paid through challan.
- The fess can be paid through challan by depositing prescribed fee in CBSE account with Syndicate Bank or e-post office in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi or By debit card/ credit card.
- The completed application form along with challan should be sent to CBSE, CTET Unit in an envelope of size 12X9 superscribed in bold letter "APPLICATION FOR CTET-FEBRUARY 2014" by registered post/Speed Post to reach below address.
- For General/OBC candidates: for Paper 1 or Paper 2: Rs 500/- for Both papers Rs 800/-.
- For SC/ST/Diff. Abled: or Paper 1 or Paper 2: Rs 250/- for Both papers Rs 400/-.
Patter of Examination:
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ's). There will be no negative marking. There will be 2 papers of CTET.
- Paper 1 will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes 1 to 5.
- Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes 6 to 8.
A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- Last date for online submission of application is 31 Oct 2013.
- Last date for receipt of confirmation page on 7th Nov 2013.
- CTET Feb 2014 will be conducted on 16 Feb 2014.
The Assistant Secretary (CTET),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS 1-2, Institutional Area, I P Extension,
Patparganj, Delhi - 110092.