CAT Sept 2013 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes for IIMs. Eligible candidates can apply online till 26th September, 2013 only.
Candidates, who are taking up the admission test for the first time may also need some tips to crack it. Hence, below are some instructions on how to crack CAT entrance exam?
Before you go through the preparation tips, you should be aware of the detailed pattern of CAT examination. Click on CAT Exam Pattern.
The 'Logical Reasoning' questions are to check the ability of the candidate to think and his/her continuity in the flow of ideas. Here, reasoning concept is to be applied in all practical situations. It just plays the role of a surprise test for candidates.
The logical reasoning questions appear in Section-2 of the paper. It appears in the form of a paragraph by a set of questions. It occupies around 30% of the section.
These questions are jumbled with the verbal ability questions. The questions in logical reasoning section can be classified into the following types:
- Linear arrangements,
- Circular arrangement,
- Blood relations,
- Sports events,
- Sets based on grouping and patterns,
- Mapping and routes and
- Miscellaneous sets based on common sense.
Few basic tips that candidates should note are:
- Never assume any information that is not mentioned in the question.
- Read every question carefully
- It is better to draw inferences and then, write the answers.
- Do a lot of practice and increase your speed.
Tips for candidates appearing in CAT test for the first time:
- If you are pursuing any graduation, then make sure you start preparing right from the second year.
- Minimum 10 hrs study is required before 6 months of CAT exams.
- Minimum 10,000 vocabulary is required to prepare.
- Read newspapers and editorials daily.
- Try for the short cuts of mathematics. Calculations must be strong.
Basic Tips for all CAT aspirants:
- Try to take the right decision on answering the questions. Do not answer in confusion.
- Read different subject articles daily.
- Before three months of CAT exam, try solving one set of sample question papers.
- Revise the solved question papers of previous years.
- Try and learn to solve the calculations mentally.