About Inlaks: The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than three decades. The "Inlaks Research Travel Grant" is geared to assist registered PhD. Students of Indian universities are set to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
"Inlaks Research Travel Grant" offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at a university/institution/library abroad. The Grant will cover:
- Discounted airfare
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
- Funds for buying material and books, and making copies of relevant literature.
The applicants must -
- hold confirmed Ph.D registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
- have a first class degree at either Bachelor's (Honours) or Master's level, preferably both.
- be under 35 years of age on 31 December in the year of applying.
Download Application form at http://www.inlaksfoundation.org/.
- Any material collected by the selected candidates (books, copies, instruments etc.) must become the property of the candidate's institution for wider use by future scholars.
- All this material must carry a statement regarding the support received from the Inlaks Research Travel Grants
- The grants must be utilised within nine months of the date of award. The students must furnish vouchers/evidence for major expenses like lodging, library fees, buying books, etc.
- The candidates will be expected to go through a two-tier selection procedure.
- First round: short-listing on the basis of the written record submitted by the candidate.
- Second and final round: Personal interview of the short-listed candidates.
Please Note: The candidates short-listed for the interview will be informed by November 2013. The final interviews will be held by December 2013.
Last date of receiving application forms is October 15, 2013.