The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination (GS-2014) for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
The programmes are offered in:
- Ph.D programme in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences and Science Education.
- Integrated M.Sc+Ph.D programme in Mathematics. Physics and Biology.
- M.Sc programme in Biology and Wildlife Biology & Conservation.
- Candidates must have Master's degree in relevant discipline with 50% of marks from any recognised university.
For Integrated M.Sc+Ph.D:
- Candidates must have Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with 50% of marks from any recognised university.
The candidates will be selected based on written test and followed by personal interview.
How to apply:
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Only candidates from the remote areas who have no access to internet may send their request for application form along with a self addressed stamped Rs 20/- in envelope size 25X17 cm, superscribed GS-2014.
- Rs 500/- for online application.
- Rs 550/- for applications sent manually by post.
Last date for receipt of application is 20 Oct 2013.
Entrance exam will be held on 8th Dec 2013.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai - 400005.