Chevening in India invites applications for Scholarships for the academic year 2014-15. The Scholarship offers financial support to study Master's degree at the UK's leading universities.
It also provides the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network. It aims to attract talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers.
About Chevening Scholarships.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
It accepts applications from a wide range of subject areas, particularly in the following fields.
- Future Leadership
- Cyber Security
- Energy and
There is no age limit for Chevening Scholars.
Successful applicants should be mid-career, high-flyers.
You should have the 'Chevening' qualities of drive, leadership potential, a commitment to change, talent for innovation and creativity, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
You should have the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. For more details visit the official website www.chevening.org.
Applications are invited from exceptional candidates from public, private and non-governmental organisations.
- You should have an excellent academic background in Science, Engineering or Technology or considerable experience of working in such fields.
- You must be an independent and creative thinker, and have a deep interest in and commitment to innovation.
- Ideally, your work should be cross-disciplinary and of a type where developing links with UK industry, and the UK research is of mutual benefit.
- You must demonstrable the ability to develop collaborations between India and the UK, often in complex, fast-moving and cross-disciplinary areas.
- You must be able to work in diverse teams as well as individually, and above all, have the motivation to contribute constructively to the programme.
- You are expected to have at least ten years professional experience.
How to apply:
- To apply for a Chevening Scholarship,you should check your country page for details of priority areas and any specific information that applies to applicants from your country, including the closing date for applications.
- Before applying, it is necessary that you read the Guidance for Applicants and the Terms and Conditions for Chevening Scholarship Awards, as these contain important information on what details you will need to include in your application.
- All applications for a 2014/15 Chevening Scholarship must be submitted online by completing the Chevening Scholarships online application form.
A Chevening Scholarship in India includes: a monthly stipend, travel to and from your country via an approved route, an arrival and excess baggage allowance, a thesis or dissertation grant, the cost of an entry clearance visa and tuition fees.
Application window will be closed on 1st November, 2013.
Due to submit filled in application form is December, 2013.