University decided to start five new courses in Finance and Banking from this academic year 2013-14.
The new courses are:
- B.Com Capital Markets (Full time, 3 years).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (Full time, 1 year).
- PG Certificate in Banking Operations (Full time, 4 months).
- PG Programme in Financial Applications for engineers and postgraduates (Full time, 6 months).
- Certified Financial Market Associate (Part- time, 10 hours a week for 4 months).
Karnataka state Higher Education minister R V Deshpande said, "The BSE has agreed to provide the catalogue of courses to universities and colleges. The colleges, which choose to launch these courses, will have a revenue sharing agreement, and the faculty will be trained and certified by the BSE, which will also provide curriculum and course material. It will conduct evaluations and co-certify the programmes along with the university."
"The state has seen a spurt in demand by students opting for commerce and finance streams right from the undergraduate level. Keeping in mind the specialised nature of work and rapid changes in the industry, there is a need to design and deliver a contemporary course in line with industry requirements," he added.