The Supreme court has cancelled the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), which was conducted for Undergraduate & Postgraduate Medical Courses admissions across India in 2013.
The apex court, however, made it clear that its verdict will not affect the admissions which has already taken place.
The court's decision came on 115 petitions challenging the MCI notification on NEET for admission to Medical Courses.
After the final hearing of NEET verdict on Thursday, students are now confused about the Medical exams which should be taken for admissions in 2014.
"As students this is a really stressful experience as we are completely unsure what exam to study for and which marks will be counted for our final admissions," says Kapur, who passed out from Delhi Public School and has taken a year gap just to study for NEET.
"I feel rather demoralised right now because I have only been thinking about the NEET for the last year and a half. All I really care about now is getting a clear picture of what test will be administered next year and its format," adds Kapur.
It looks as though the states, universities and other institutions, will be entitled to conduct their respective examinations as held in the year 2012.
Students are advised to continue to prepare for Medical Entrance exams.
With the SC's move, the coaching centres are now looking to quickly redesign their course structure, and help current students adjust to the new decision with ease.
Here is the list of Medical Entrance exams conducted across India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS Exam)
- All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT)
- Armed Forces Medial College, Entrance Exam
- Banaras Hindu University (Pre Medical Test)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore & Ludhiana (Medical Entrance exam)
- JIPMER, Pondicherry (MBBS Entrance exam)
- Manipal University (UGET Entrance exam)
- Karnataka CET, (Medical & Dental)
- Karnataka ComedK (UG-PGET)
- Andhra Pradesh (EAMCET)
- Kerala (KEAM)
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (DMIMS)
- Rajasthan Pre-Medical Test (PMT)
- Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre-Medical Test (UP CPMT)
- Krishna Institute of Medical Science University (KIMS-AIET)
- Dr.D.T Patil Vidyapeeth (AIET), Maharashtra
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (MBBS)
- Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, AP
- Madhya Pradesh Pre-Medical Test (MP PMT)
- CET for Private Medical Colleges in Pondicherry
- Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre-Medical Test (HP CPMT)
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University (Medical CET)
- Annamalai University (All India Medical Entrance exam)
- NITTE University (UGET)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- JSS University (UGET)
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Association of Managements of Unaided Private Medical & Dental Colleges, Maharashtra
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Uttaranchal Pre-Medical Test
- KLE University
- BLDE University
- HIHT University (PMEE)
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University (CET)
- Uttar Pradesh PG Medical Entrance exam (UP PGMEE)
- Uttar Pradesh (CAT)
- Army College Dental Sciences
- Sri Siddhartha University
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- All India Dental & Medical Test
- MGM University of Health Sciences (CET)
- Sri Ramachandra University, Tamil Nadu