KSET test is conducted for determining eligibility for Lectureship in various universities/ colleges/ institutions in Karnataka State.
KSET will be conducted in 32 subjects at 11 selected centres across the State.
Candidates who qualify for KSET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers of the concerned universities/ colleges/ institutions in Karnataka State.
For Eligibility Criteria, click here to see the details.
The Test will consist of three papers. The test for all the three papers will consist of only
multiple choice questions. There will be no negative marking. The test will be held on 08th December 2013, in two separate sessions as mentioned below:
- Paper 1, consists 60 questions for 100 marks, out of which 50 questions, to be attempted with in time duration of 1 hour 15 Mins.
- Paper 2, consists 50 questions for 100 marks, all are compulsory, to be attempted with in time duration of 1 hour 15 Mins.
- Paper 3, consists 75 questions for 150 marks, all are compulsory, to be attempted with in time duration of 2 hours 30 Mins.
Syllabus and Question paper for KSET:
- Syllabus for K-SET examination will be the same as in UGC/CSIR- NET. Syllabus for all the K-SET subjects can be downloaded from the K-SET website (http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in). The K-SET center, Mysore will not send the syllabus to the individual candidates.
- In case of any discrepancy found in English and Kannada versions, the question in English version shall be taken as final.
Rs 1,000/- for General candidates.
Rs 800/- for Category IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB candidates.
Rs 500/- for Category I, SC/ST/VH/PH candidates.
How to apply:
- The candidates are required to download the Bank Challan Proforma from the K-SET website (http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in) and then deposit the requisite test fee in any branch of State Bank of Mysore along with the bank charges (bank commission) of Rs.20/-.
- Candidate seeking admission to the K-SET must apply online (http://kset.uni-mysore.ac.in) OR through link available with the University of Mysore website (uni-mysore.ac.in).
- Candidate should sign up for registration which includes personal and educational details as mentioned in the website.
- After registration, the registered candidate has to login with their registered e-mail ID and password.
- The Candidate should note down their email ID and Password in their own interest. Without the registered e-mail ID and Password, the candidate cannot download their application form.
- Two days after the payment of the required fee at SBM through filled Bank Challan, the candidate is required to check the status of fee payment at K-SET website. They have to note down the Journal number in bank Challan.
- After successful submission of your application, the candidate should take a printout of online Application Form (One copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admission Card (one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
- The application form must be submitted to the Nodal Officer of the respective Test Center (Any one among the 11 test centers) opted by the candidate.
- Last date for submission of Online application form: Aug 10, 2013
- With late of Rs 100/-: Aug 17, 2013.
- Last date to download application form: Aug 30, 2013.
- Last date for receiving the printout of online application: Aug 31, 2013.
- KSET 2013 exam will be held on: Dec 08, 2013.