Only University in India to conduct M.Sc in Sugar Technology since 1993-34.
M.Sc in Sugar Technology is a 4 semester course with choice based credit system of education. Most comprehensive syllabus which includes aspects of computerized sugar manufacturing with 6 months training in industry. An opportunity for B.Sc graduation to learn engineering subjects and industrial management in addition to chemistry.
- Manufacturing Chemists/ Assistant Management in Sugar Factories.
- Designers in equipment manufacturing industry.
- Technical executives in the sugar chemicals industry.
- Research assistants in R & D Institutions of public and private sector.
The PG center is at Tubinakere, 10 Km from Mandya City. The Sugar Technology Department has excellent library and well equipped laboratory. Computer Centre with Internet & wifi. The campus has two hostels with facilities to accommodate more than 100 students.
Who can apply:
- B.Sc graduates having studied chemistry or Biochemistry as optional subjects with 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST).
- Two sponsored candidates from sugar factories are eligible for direct admission.
How to apply:
Candidates have to apply Online.
Last date for submitting application from is July 01, 2013.
Entrance exam from July 17-23, 2013.