Odisha Medical Counselling 2013 Started from Today

Odisha Medical Counselling Begins
A central counselling process for candidates, who have qualified National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET)-UG, 2013 for admission into undergraduate medical and dental courses, started in Bhubaneswar from today i.e. 25th June, Tuesday.


As per the new guidelines, candidates interested to study in Odisha will be required to take admission via Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) by registering their names on OJEE's official website between June 25 and July 7, both dates inclusive.

As per the new guidelines, 85 per cent of seats will be reserved for the candidates of the home State, and the rest 15 per cent will be filled up by the aspirants other States. All the Government-run and private medical colleges in the State together have 650 seats and 150 seats for MBBS and BDS courses, respectively.

For the first time in India, admission for MBBS and BDS courses is held through the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET UG 2013) conducted by the CBSE. The CBSE Board will prepare the State merit list and send it to the OJEE board. To maintain that the stream of candidates are from Odisha, the OJEE has sought a list of 4,000 candidates for filling up 85% of the State quota.

Besides, it has also decided to increase the retirement age of doctors working in the three medical colleges and hospitals in the State from 60 to 65 years.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X