There are sixteen IITs at present, located at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi These institutes, along with Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad, play a leading role in technological manpower development. The admissions to the Undergraduate Programmes for the academic year 2013-2014 for all Indian and Foreign nationals at these institutions are made through the JEE (Advanced)-2013.
- A candidate shortlisted for counselling for admission to the IITs and ISM Dhanbad should visit the JEE(Advanced)-2013 Online Counselling Portal, JCOP at http://jee.iitd.ac.in/ to get a User ID and register any time between June 24-30, 2013 (7 days). The candidate will be required to provide some JEE(Advanced)-2013 related personal information and prompted for a password, which is required for all subsequent visits to the JCOP.
Online choice filling:
- After registration, shortlisted candidates are permitted to enter the JCOP site to fill the course choices. Course choice filling is open till 5 PM on June 30, 2013. Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order of preference from the list of available seats. Candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times until they lock their final choices. Choices should be positively locked before 5 PM on June 30, 2013. If candidates fail to explicitly lock their choices by 5 PM, July 30, 2013, their choices will be automatically locked after this deadline.
- The course allocation for a candidate is done strictly on the basis of the all India rank (AIR) he/she gets based on the performance in JEE(Advanced)-2013 as well as the courses he/she selects in order of preference during Counselling.
Online seat allotment:
- There are three rounds of course allocation in JEE (Advanced)-2013.
- The first round of course allotment will be declared on the JCOP on July 4, 2013, the second round of course allotment on July 9, 2013, and the third round of course allotment on July 13 , 2013.
- At the end of every round a candidate should visit the JCOP site to know about the course allotted to him/her. This allotment can change in the subsequent rounds to a choice better than the one allotted in the earlier round depending on the number of candidates declining the seats offered to them in the earlier round. In no case will a candidate be allotted a choice lower in her/his list in a round than what is allotted during the previous rounds. The course allotted at the end of third round of course-allocation is final.
- There is no provision to freeze the course allotted to the candidate at the end of the first or second rounds.
Candidates who got a seat allotment for the first time in any of the first three rounds should report to the Zonal IIT from where he/she appeared for the JEE(Advanced) - 2013.
In addition, Candidates shortlisted for counselling and desirous of joining the B.Arch. course (Codes: G5101 and R5101) will be required to qualify in an Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT-2013). The AAT-2013 will be held on Friday, June 28th, 2013 at seven Zonal IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee).
Candidates desirous of appearing for this AAT-2013 must register for the test center where they wish to write this test by visiting http://jee.iitd.ac.in/aatregister between June 24-25, 2013.
- Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test: June 24 & 25, 2013.
- Register, fill choices and lock courses for IITs and ISM Dhanbad: June 24 to 30, 2013.
- Architecture Aptitude Test: June 28, 2013.
- Release of 1st round of course allocation: July 04, 2013.