1. The examination hall/room shall be opened 30 minutes before the time specified for the commencement of the examination (i.e. 30thJune,2013, "SUNDAY"). No candidate who is late by more than 20 minutes, shall be admitted to the examination.
2. No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall/room until 11.30 a.m. in the 1stsession and 3.00 p.m. in the second session of the examination. No candidate shall be permitted to go to the toilet during the last 20 minutes of the examination in each session.
3. A seat marked with a roll number shall be allotted to each candidate. The candidates shall be required to find out and occupy the seats allotted to them by 9.00 a.m.
4. No candidate shall be allowed to leave his/her seat or the examination hall/room until 11.30 a.m. in the 1stsession and 3.00 p.m. in 2nd Session. The candidate should not tamper the seal of the Test Booklets before 9.30 a.m. in 1st session and 1.30 P.M. in 2nd session.
5. Before beginning to answer the paper, the candidate should write his/her roll number in the space provided in the Test Booklet and OMR Sheet. The candidate should read carefully the instructions appearing on the Test Booklet & OMR Sheet and check that the Test Booklet &OMR Sheet supplied to him/her is not defective and if so, may secure another copy from the Invigilator in lieu of the first one. The Test Booklet should be checked with reference to page numbers, serial number of the questions, code number and the subject offered by the candidate.
6. If a candidate writes his/her Mobile number or puts any special mark at any place in the OMR Sheet which may disclose, in any way, the identity of the candidate, he/she will render himself/herself liable to disqualification, under unfair means rule .
7. Each candidate is required to bring his/her own ball point pen, ink pen, pencil, eraser and ink. The use of calculators & Log Tables is not permitted. Any electronic devices including Cellular, Mobile, Satellite Phone, Pager etc. are not allowed in Examination Hall/Room under any circumstances.
8.The time allotted for each paper includes time required to read instructions appearing on the Test Booklet and OMR Sheet for filling entries at the appropriate places. No extra time will be provided.
9.The schedule for ringing of the bell is as follows:-
(I) 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
(ii) At the commencement of the examination.
(iii) Fifteen minutes before the conclusion of the Paper I, II & III.
(iv) At the end of the each paper.
10. The candidate shall have to return the original OMR Sheet of Paper I & II together and Paper-III to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall/room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the used Test Booklets of paper-I, II & III along with carbon less copy of OMR Sheet on conclusion of examination.
11. Smoking and taking tea/refreshment etc., by the candidates in the examination hall/room is strictly prohibited.
12. Any candidate found guilty of using unfair means of any nature in the examination hall/room shall be liable to be disqualified for future NET/SET.
13. No candidate shall be permitted to change the NET subject after submitting his/her online/ offline application. 14. Each candidate shall have to produce his/her Admit Card/ID Proof on demand by the Invigilator/Examination Superintendent/Observer.
14. Each candidate shall have to produce his/her Admit Card/ID Proof on demand by the Invigilator/Examination Superintendent/Observer.
15. The candidates shall have to abide by the instructions that may be announced by the Superintendent/Invigilator in the examination hall/room.
16. For Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates thirty minutes' extra time shall be provided separately for paper-I and Paper-II. For paper- II, forty five minutes' extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. Those Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services by making prior request (at least one week before the date of UGC-NET) in writing to the Co-rdinator of respective NET Coordinating University/College. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped candidates. The candidates are not allowed to bring their own scribe.
17. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates.
18. Time of examination:- 1st Session (Paper I and Paper II) - 9.30 a.m. - 12.00 noon 2nd Session (Paper III) - 1.30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
- Candidate who does not appear in Paper-I will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Paper-I :- Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated
- There is no Negative Marking in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Candidate will not be allowed to write any question from Test Booklet on Admission Card or any other paper and if found doing so, he/she may be disqualified for using unfair means.
- UGC will not issue any mark sheets to qualified/not qualified candidate. Also, there is no revaluation of papers in this examination.
- Candidate should note that result published by UGC will be only provisional. Candidate will be issued certificate only after preliminary checking of the eligibility conditions outlined in the notification of UGC-NET.
- Paper-II will consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks. The Paper-III will cover entire syllabus of the subject which is available on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in and www.ugcnetonline.in.
- The syllabi for 30th June, 2013 UGC - NET can be downloaded from the UGC websites: www.ugc.ac.in and www.ugcnetonline.in .
- The candidates are advised to remain in touch with the website of the respective NET Coordinating University/College in connection with their registration status, Test venue, seating arrangement etc. For any further clarification candidates are advised to get in touch with the Co-ordinator of NET Coordinating University/College.
- In case of any discrepancy in English OR Hindi versions, English version may be taken as final.
- Candidates may check their Venue of Test/seating arrangement from the website of the respective NET Coordinating University/College and note it in their printout of online Admission Card before the Test.
- No Admission Card/Duplicate Admission Card will be issued by the respective NET Coordinating Universities/Colleges.
How To Use the ST BOOKLET and OMR SHEET
1. The candidate will find the OMR sheet placed inside the sealed Test Booklet. The seal will not be broken/opened by the candidate before the examination starts. Candidate must fill up all columns provided in the Test Booklet and OMR Sheet carefully. The Test Booklet Code of Paper-I (i.e. W, X, Y and Z) is also to be filled by the candidate in the OMR Sheet. Before handing over the original OMR Sheet to the Invigilator, the candidate must put his signature within the space provided.
2. DO NOT FOLD OR DAMAGE THE OMR SHEET IN ANY WAY AND DO NOT MUTILATE ANY PART OF THE SHEET TO ENSURE EVALUATION, OTHERWISE THE OMR SHEET WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
3. The OMR Sheet for Paper-I, Paper-II (together) and Paper-III have been designed for OMR based evaluation. If the candidate does not follow the instructions or does not fill up all columns properly, the OMR Sheet will not be evaluated. Any resultant loss to the candidate on the above account for not following the instructions shall be his/her responsibility. Each question has four alternative responses marked A, B,C and D. The candidate has to darken the circle as indicated below, as the correct response against each question.
4. For example: A B C D, where B is the correct response. Incorrect darkening of circle, correct darkening of circle.
5. All the entries must be confined to the space provided. The candidate must fill in the appropriate circle clearly with blue/black ink ball point pen only. Use of white fluid for correction in OMR Response Sheet is not permitted.
6. The candidate has to respond to the questions in the OMR Sheet only. If the ‘ ' darkening is done at any other place in the OMR Sheet, it will not be evaluated. The candidate should fill his/her response in the OMR Sheet after careful thought. Once marked, no change in the response shall be permitted. More than one Response is also not allowed.