Admission to 2 lakh government quota seats in 525 engineering colleges across the state will end on July 31.
The TNEA 2013 Counseling details the process of counseling with information about the counseling call letters, schedules and documents to be produced as well any fees to be paid. Students should be conversant with the TNEA 2013 Counselling modalities before applying for the choice filling and attend the counseling.
Students must check with the checklist of documents and DDs before attending the TNEA 2013 Counseling to avoid missing any detail.
Schedule for Academic counseling commences from June 21 to July 31 at Centre for Entrance Examinations & Admissions, Anna University, Chennai ‐ 60025.
Schedule for Vocational counseling commences from July 01 to 12 at Ramanujan Computing Centre, Anna University, Chennai ‐ 60025.
Schedule for Academic Differently Abled Person commences on June 20, 2013 at Centre for Entrance Examinations & Admissions, Anna University, Chennai ‐ 60025.
- Candidates will be called for counseling in the order of their TNEA merit.
- Based on the merit and communal reservation, allotment of the branch/college chosen by the candidate will be made. Candidates have to opt for colleges and branches that are available at the time of counseling.
- Candidates have to pay an initial deposit of Rs 5,000/- (Rs 1,000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) by Cash or DD and produce all their original certificates in counseling time.
- If a candidate has deposited all the certificates in an Institution where he/she has already been admitted, a letter from the Head of the Institution should be produced to that effect. In such case only, attested photocopies of certificates from the Head of the Institution will be accepted for verification. However, the provisional allotment order will be withheld and it will be released only on production of all the original certificates.
- Eligible candidates who have applied may appear for counseling according to their cut-off mark, two hours before the counseling session along with their original certificates for verification, irrespective of receipt of individual communication.
- Authorities are not responsible for any postal delay; or non receipt of intimation for counseling. Candidates who do not attend the counseling have to forego the claim for admission.
- Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent's decision will be binding on the candidate.
- Once allotted a seat the amount Rs 5,000/- (Rs 1,000/- in the case of SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) already paid at the time of counseling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee.
- If a candidate does not join after allotment and seeks refund, only 80 % of the initial deposit amount paid at the time of counseling will be refunded, if original allotment order with acknowledgment for the receipt of payment is surrendered on or before 31.12.2013. All admissions made through single window system are provisional.