UPSC to conduct the CDS (II) Examination on September 8, 2013.
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 137th Course commencing in July, 2014 [including 32 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C' Certificate (Army Wing) holders].
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala-Course Commencing in July, 2014 Executive (Hydro/ General Service) (including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' Certificate holders (Naval Wing).
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2014 i.e. No.195th F(P) Course.
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 100th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in October, 2014.
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 14th SSC Women (Non- Technical) Course commencing in October, 2014.
Eligibility Criteria to apply:
1 .Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A Citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/ her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
- For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1990 and not later than 1st July, 1995 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1992 (2nd July, 1990 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C' Certificate holders) and not later than 1st July, 1995 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1991 and not later than 1st July, 1995 only are eligible.
- For Officers' Training Academy- (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July, 1989 and not later than 1st July, 1995 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy - (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1989 and not later than 1st July, 1995.
Educational Qualifications :
- For I.M.A. and Officers' Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB. Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ "DMPR", (OI & R Section) Room No. 204, ‘C' Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters,‘J' Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
- For admission to IMA, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2014.
- For admission to Officer's Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st August, 2014.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online only, by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- The Online Applications can be filled upto 24th June 2013 till 11.59 PM Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Last date to submit application form online: June 24, 2013.
CDS (II) exam on: September 8, 2013.