MHRD Provides Financial Assistance to Needy Children

MHRD's Financial Assistance for children
The HRD Ministry has decided to provide financial assistance for higher education to needy children who have passed with minimum B1 grade under CBSE grading system in 10th / 12th examination. Parents' income of such children should not exceed Rs. 5000/- per month. The amount of grant given to such meritorious students shall not exceed Rs. 20,000/- for Class X and Rs. 40,000/ for class XII during any one financial year.

Grants for financial assistance will be sanctioned from HRD Minister's Discretionary Fund. Preference will be given to physically handicapped children; children belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ex-servicemen/girl child from a rural area and girl child under BPL.


Grants may be sanctioned out of Human Resource Development Minister's Discretionary Fund for providing financial assistance to those falling the following sections:

1. Meritorious students doing useful/outstanding work in the field of General/Technical Education;

2. For the education of exceptionally brilliant children with minimum B1 grade under CBSE Grading System in 10th /12th examination and whose parents income does not exceed Rs. 5000/- per month in the following order of preference -:

  • Children of war widows
  • Children of widows/ divorcees/single mother
  • Physically handicapped children
  • Children belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Ex-servicemen
  • Girl child from rural areas
  • Girl child under BPL

A certificate to this effect shall be furnished by the grantee. Payment shall be made by cheque on the Canara Bank of India, Janpath, New Delhi and shall be made out in the name of the grantee issued under the direction of the Controlling Officer by the Pay & Accounts Office (Education).

The Under Secretary (Cash) of the Department of Higher Education shall be the Drawing and Disbursing Officer. Section concerned issuing sanction from Human Resource Development.

Minister's Discretionary fund should prepare a bill on simple receipt and then pass it on with the relevant sanction order to the Cash Section to enable them to obtain cheques from the Pay and Accounts Officer. The recipient shall be required to furnish receipt as Annexed to Form I.

To avail assistance under HRM's discretionary fund, the students need to apply in the prescribed application form available in the website

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X