The School offers learning through the distance education mode which is a viable alternative for students who need a flexible medium of instruction to attain higher education and vocational skills.
The admission process for various courses in the School is governed by the norms established by the University of Delhi. The examination is also conducted by the University of Delhi. The University of Delhi confers the degree to the students of the School as it does in the case of its other constituent colleges.
Courses Offered are: Undergraduate/Postgraduate Degree courses in the subjects of Arts/Humanities and Commerce.
Interested Students can Apply Online .
How to apply?
The Following Documents and Attested Copies of the Certificates Should Be attached with the Application form Without Which the Application for Admission Will Not Be Entertained.
1. Bank Draft/Pay Order of any State Bank of India payable at Delhi branch of the bank.
2. Draft for Category 'A' Rs. 5500/- Category 'B' Rs. 5000/- and Category 'C' Rs. 14,000/-
3. Two recent passport size photo-ghraph to be affixed (a) one on the Application Form and (b) another on Identity Card Form. It should be pasted not stapled.
4. Self - attested Photocopy of 10th Certificate.
5. Self - attested Photocopy of 12th Passing Certificate and Mark=sheet.
6. Self - attested Photocopy of I, II and III Year Mark=sheet.
7. Original Provisional Certificate of Graduation for Current Year Student.
8. Migration or Leaving Certificate in Original.
9. Self attested photocopy of Reserve Category Certificate of the Candidate, if applicable (for example SC/St/OBC/PC etc.)
10. Candidate are required to produce all the Original Certificate for Verification at the time of admission. The copies of the certificates should be attested by a Gazetted Officer/1st Class Magistrate. The seal or the rubber stamp of the Gazetted Officer/1st Class Magistrate must also be affixed.
Selection Procedure: Students applying for the courses need to undergo an entrance exam that is conducted by the University itself.
Undergraduate Programmes: Admission to first year of Undergraduate Courses at SOL opens in the month of June. The Prospectus can be obtained either from the Main Centre at North Delhi Campus or from the South Study Centre at South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Monday through Friday between 9.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Click on List of UG Courses Offered and Eligibility Criteria.
Postgraduate Courses: Admission to Postgraduate Courses at SOL opens in the months of August - September. The students are required to submit the attached forms duly completed along with the supporting documentation as specified in the Prospectus. See Eligibility Criteria.
PG Courses and test details are as following.
|S.No.||Courses||Date of Registration||Date of Entrance Test||Timings|
|1||M.A.(HN) Prev. Year||01-05-13 to 24-05-13||02-06-2013||2 P.M.|
|2||M.A.(HS) Prev. Year||01-05-13 to 28-06-13||04-07-2013||10 A.M.|
|3||M.A.(PS) Prev. Year||01-05-13 to 14-06-13||23-06-2013||10 A.M.|
|4||M.A.(SKT) Prev. Year||01-05-13 to 10-07-13||15-07-2013||10:30 A.M.|
|5||M.Com. Prev. Year||01-05-13 to 18-06-13||23-06-2013||2:30 P.M.|
- The Registration for PG Courses is only meant for SOL only.
- Entrance Test Fee Rs.250/- for General Category and Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read Prospectus carefully before filling the registration form for entrance.
School of Open Learning
[Campus of Open Learning]
5, Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110007.
Phone No: 2766 6777, 2766 6780