The University conducts MBBS Course in three Medical Colleges i.e. Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) and BDS Course at Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS). Only female candidates are admitted to LHMC.
Candidates for 15% seats are selected directly by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) based on NEET (UG)-2013 conducted by the CBSE, New Delhi as per the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
A total of 600 MBBS and 60 BDS seats are available at Delhi university.
- The candidates should have completed the age of 17 (seventeen) years on or before 31st December 2013.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination in C.B.S.E/ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/ Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only, will be eligible for admission.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC category candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
A candidate who has been admitted in MBBS or BDS Course earlier but has failed to pass the First Professional MBBS or First year BDS Examination will not be considered eligible for admission.
- Each application form must be accompanied with the attested photocopies of the following documents:
- NEET (UG)-2013 Examination Admit Card.
- NEET (UG)-2013 result (Score card).
- Matriculation or equivalent certificate showing date of birth.
- Certificate of having passed 12th Class Examination along with a statement of marks.
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe certificate, If applicable.
- Father's SC/ST Certificate.
- Physically Handicapped certificate, if applicable.
- OBC Certificate.
How to apply:
- This Bulletin of Information (BOI) along with the application form is obtainable by hand against a Bank Draft/ Banker's Cheque of Rs.750/- (Rupees Seven Hundred Fifty only) for General/OBC Category and Rs. 550/- (Rupees Five Hundred Fifty only) for SC/ST Category.
- The Application Form may also be downloaded from Faculty website.
- The filled application form along with requisite Demand Draft/Banker's Cheque amounting to Rs.750/- for General and OBC category or Rs. 550/- for SC/ ST category in favour of the ‘Registrar, University of Delhi' payable at Delhi.
- The payment for obtaining BOI should be made by submitting a crossed MICR Bank Draft/ Banker's Cheque/ Pay Order drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of the Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi. Money in cash will not be accepted in any case for supply of Bulletin of Information.
- Last date for receipt of the application form June 10, 2013.
- Display of merit list: June 15, 2013.
Faculty of Medical Sciences,
6th Floor, V.P. Chest Institute Building,
University of Delhi,
Delhi - 110007.