Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Conditions of Eligibility is a following:
1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
- a citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the Intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or Eastern countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issues by the Govt of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt of India.
2. Age Limit: A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 21 years as on 1st January, 2013, i.e. the candidate must have been born not either than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1992. The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants .
A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular department/ office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/ Officer during the period of his probation.
Please Note: In exceptional cases, the commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he/she has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
A candidate which is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign university which is not recognized by Government, may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the commission.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Service Examination, 2013 as per the guidelines given by the Gazette of India.