Candidates (excepting female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Below are some important note for candidates applying for UPSC Engineering Services exam 2013.
1. Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode (unless remission of the fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected.
2. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee beheld in reserve for any other examination or selection.
3. For the applicants whose payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of all such applicants shall be made available on the commission Website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application.
4. The applicants shall be required to submit proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are otherwise eligible.
5. All female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH categories are exempted from payment of a fee. No fee exemption is however, available to the OBC Candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
6. Physically handicapped persons are exempted from the payment of the fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Services/Posts to be filled on the results of this examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these services or posts.
7. A physically handicapped candidate claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the certificate from a Government Hospital/ Medical Board in support of his/her claim for being physically handicapped.
8. Candidates must ensure that communication details like phone numbers and e-mail id's given in their application are valid and active as the commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting candidates.