Loyola College of B.Ed Plans To Start ICSE-Affiliated School

Loyola College To Start A School
The Loyola College of Education, which is a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) School in Jamshedpur has planned to start an ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) affiliated school by next year. The name of the school is yet to be decided.


The construction of the school will be at the adjoining ground of Loyola College of Education in Telco. It is expecting to start functioning from April 1, 2014 onwards. The project is approved by the apex decision making body of the college, Society of Jesus,and now the wait is all for the availability of resources.

Principal of Loyola college of Education Fr Kuruvila said "The college will generate 75% of the funds while the rest 25% will be provided by the society. If funds are arranged on time and the construction work gets over by the next academic year, then probably we would start the school during the 2014-15 academic year. But, in case things get delayed then we cannot be sure about the academic session."

However, the sources revealed that the college authorities have planned to keep class up to Grade 5 (5th standard) for the debut session and will gradually add higher classes in the upcoming years. An official said, "We have adequate space on the adjacent ground for constructing a modern and well-equipped building, but all that we require is funds".

Right to Education activist Dr Umesh Kumar said "It is good to know that a reputed institution is opening an ICSE affiliated school. But we also need to wait and watch how different it would be from the current crop of schools which apparently care more for the money and does little to serve society."

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam

Thousands of Careerindia readers receive our evening newsletter.
Have you subscribed?

Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Careerindia sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Careerindia website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more