The Combined Medical Services Examination for the year 2013 will be held on 30th June, 2013.
Conditions of Eligibility is a following:
1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
- a citizen of India or
- Subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the Intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or Eastern countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issues by the Govt of India.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt of India.
Candidate who has appeared or yet to appear in the final MBBS exam can also apply. Candidates who are yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he/she will be appointed only by the Central Government from any employment under them and in case if he or she is already in service under the Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after:
(a) Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf and
(b) Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
2. Age Limit:
- A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st January, 2013, i.e. the candidate must have been born not either than 2nd January, 1981.
- The upper age limit is relaxed as follows:
- Upto a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to other backward classes who are eligible to avail of reservation application to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been Fee (Unless remission of Fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected.