IAS & IPS Interview is the last stage of selection for IAS exam. Interview is taken to test the personality of the candidate. It is taken by a committee having one head and members who are experts of their specific fields.
Questions are asked randomly from any field whether it is academic or non academic. Members of IAS interview board try to test the personality of a candidate in a few minutes.
Candidates turn panic during interview sessions often ends up in failure. Confident and trust in yourself can be the only motto can help you to meet the success.
To make you more comfortable in understanding an IAS or IPS interview, we have few best tips that you can follow when you start preparing and to know how to attend the interview in the best manner. Check below tips.
1. Start your Interview Preparation from January Onwards: First tip is start preparing from the start of the year. You will get at least 3 months to prepare. But I recommend to start preparing from one year onwards so that you get enough time.
2. Give respect to the members who will take your Interview: Once you enter the interview room then give due respect to the members who will be going to take your interview. The board members will notice mannerism and decide whether you will be fit or not. So take mannerism seriously.
3. Do not forget what your wrote in your mains exam: You will only come for the interview after successfully clearing the written mains exam. So while you give interview you will be asked what you did in your mains. So remember and revise what you did there.
4. Have positive views in your Mind: Go for the interview with a positive mindset. Usually, it happens that negative thoughts would start entering to your mind. Especially, who are giving interview for the first time? So be positive and think right.
5. Have proper command on your language Skills: It does not matter what is your medium of the interview. Be it Hindi or English. It really does not matter. What matters is the command over the particular language.
6. It takes more courage to listen than to speak: You must listen to the interviewee before you answer anything. It is good to listen completely and then answer rather interrupting when they are speaking.
7. First question why you want to join IAS? Seventh interview technique would be to prepare for this question because you will be asked. This will be perhaps the first question that you have to answer. So prepare an honest reply beforehand. You will find it easy to answer.
8. Speak Your Heart and Do not lie Yourself: If you are asked with tough questions or questions that you would not like to answer then do not tell a lie. Never create a fake story to boost yourself just tell them truthfully it does not really matters.
9. Show Confidence and talk to them, not at them: You should always look into their eyes and then talk. This is very basic interview tip for a civil service interview. Do not look down or elsewhere and answer. If do then they might think you do not have self-confidence.
10. For Serious Question give a Serious Reply: Although you should give a smile and give answers laughingly. But if you are asked a serious question then your answer should be serious too. You have to show them that you care about what they are asking.
11. Prepare what you're going to Say for Hobby Section: This is again very obvious question that you will be asked in a civil service interview is about your hobby. You should answer this question in a light mood. The board members must get a chance to laugh at some point in time.
Hope these tips will be helpful for aspirants to come out with flying colours.